About Our Services
What We Do for Businesses and Non-Profits
At InspiraLaw, we provide the full scope of legal services that businesses and non-profits need to protect their interests and stay compliant with the law. Whether you need legal advice for a specific transaction or are looking for go-to counsel on an ongoing basis, you can trust us to provide efficient, focused, and thorough legal services designed to meet your needs.
InspiraLaw is based in Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, serving businesses and non-profits throughout the San Francisco Bay area to San Jose, with affiliate attorneys in New York.
Business Entity Formation, Governance and Compliance
To make sure that you have the protections and flexibility you need, there are a wide variety of considerations that come into play when forming a new business or organization. At InspiraLaw, our business entity formation services start with helping our clients choose the type of entity that makes the most sense for them. Each option has its own unique advantages and disadvantages, and we want to help make sure you have as many benefits (and avoid as many drawbacks) as possible.
We regularly assist clients in forming:
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Benefit corporations
Non-profit corporations (including public benefit, mutual benefit, and religious organizations)
Along with entity choice and formation, we also provide ongoing assistance with business transactions, tax-exemption applications and compliance, and negotiating and drafting agreements and contracts.
Contract Drafting and Negotiations
A significant portion of our work involves representing clients in business transactions. Whether you have received a draft contract that you need reviewed, or you need an attorney to write a custom-tailored agreement from scratch, we will work closely with you to make sure that the final document protects your interests and accurately reflects the terms of the deal.
InspiraLaw as Outside General Counsel
InspiraLaw also provides outside general counsel services to businesses and organizations that either do not have in-house counsel or need supplemental or specific subject-matter knowledge to complement their existing in-house team. We have years of experience serving in the outside general counsel role, and integrating with our clients’ executive management teams and daily operations to offer solutions tailored to each client’s unique legal risks and business needs.
For many businesses and organizations, hiring outside general counsel is the most economical way to get the legal help they need. If you are constantly wishing you had someone to call, hiring outside general counsel may be a good option. When you contact us, we will help you explore your options and choose a solution that fits your needs.
Who We Serve
We have more than 16 years of experience serving businesses and non-profits, including:
- Advocacy groups
- Animal welfare groups
- Counseling and therapy groups
- Creative industry businesses and nonprofits
- Design and Visual arts businesses and organizations
- Early education businesses and nonprofits
- Educational businesses and nonprofits
- Exempt supporting organizations
- Fiscal sponsorship organizations
- Grant-making and Scholarship organizations
- Identity groups
- Independent and Special Needs Schools
- Media businesses and organizations
- Music and music education businesses and nonprofits
- New businesses
- Nonprofit startups
- Online/web-based businesses
- Online education organizations and businesses
- Performing arts-based businesses and organizations
- Private foundations
- Professional and trade associations
- Religious organizations
- Social welfare organizations
- Social purpose companies and organizations
- Scientific institutes and organizations
- Technology businesses and organizations
- Technology incubators and accelerators
- Youth-based organizations
Contact InspiraLaw for More Information
At InspiraLaw, we are devoted to serving businesses, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs in the charitable, artistic, social and educational spheres. If you would like to discuss your legal needs, feel free to contact us today.